Below are a series of plein air painting videos designed for beginners, from Kyle Buckland with The Artful Souls youtube channel. In this free series, you will learn all about the essential materials and techniques that are needed to become a successful plein air painter!
Want to learn the basics of plein air oil painting? The term plein air comes from the french for in the open and describes the concept of taking your paints and easel outside and painting the landscape on location. Join me in my series of free informative beginner level videos, where I will teach you about the essential materials and techniques required to successfully paint the landscape en plein air!
- Oil Paint: Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow Light, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Ivory Black, Titanium White(200ml tubes)
- French Easel
- Paint Thinner: Gamsol or Oderless Mineral Spirits
- Medium: Galkyd or Linseed Oil
- Metal Brush Washer
- Brushes:White Bristle Flat no.6,8,10,12 Filbert no.8, 10,12
- Quality Paper Towels
- Canvas: Stretched Canvas or Canvas Panel
- Palette Knife